After a day of riding the Brisbane Valley Rail Trail, you’ll be looking for a comfy place to lay your head and rest your weary bones. Weltevreden Domes Retreat offers a unique accommodation experience with the peace and quiet of only a handful of guests at any one time.
Everything is waiting for you to arrive and relax. Take a short walk, swim in the pool or put your feet up and relax.
About the Brisbane Valley Rail Trail
The Brisbane Valley Rail Trail starts in West Ipswich at the Wulkuraka Rail Station and travels 148kms through to Blackbutt. It is divided into sections and winds its way through various townships along the way.
The rail trail passes directly through Esk township, creating the perfect base to stop over after a day’s cycling.
Please visit Brisbane Valley Rail Trail’s Transport Page for more information regarding the Brisbane Valley Rail Trail, conditions and its different sections.
And if you’d like to be dropped off at a section of the rail trail so you can then ride back to your car, stopping off at Weltevreden Domes Retreat along the way, contact Out There Cycling shuttle service for more information.
Brisbane Valley Rail Trail Bike Rider’s Offer
Prices are the same as Bed & Breakfast but also include a free pick up and drop off offer from Esk for guests who book direct with us via our website, our Facebook page or over the phone (Subject to availability. Please check before booking).
For bookings made through external booking sites, a surcharge applies per dome for pick up and drop off with all guests travelling together (Subject to availability).
Not sure what to do for dinner? We have BBQ facilities available for you to use. Simply pick up some food in Esk to cook on the BBQ or a takeaway before your pick up.
Plates and cutlery provided.
- Overnight geodesic dome accommodation
- Continental buffet breakfast
- Pick up from and return to Esk with bikes
Guests are welcome to ride their bikes out to the retreat. We can give you directions for sections where you can ride off the highway, but please note that there are some sections that require riding on the highway.
Please contact us BEFORE booking to check availability if you require pick up and drop off.
Minimum guest age at the retreat is 16 years when accompanied by an adult.
Dome features –
- One double bed and one king single plus linen
- A private ensuite
- Reverse cycle air conditioning/heating
- Coffee table & chairs
- Tea & coffee making facilities
- Small refrigerator
- Flatscreen TV & DVD player
- Free wifi
- Car park
- BBQ facilities
– All prices are based on single or double/twin share. One extra adult, using the current bedding configuration – $55.00. Maximum three adult guests per dome.
– The domes are not self contained.
– Weltevreden Domes Retreat does not have facilities to accommodate children or pets and is a non-smoking property.
– Minimum guest age is 16 years (when accompanied by an adult).
‘Had a wonderful time & are already looking forward to our next trip to the Domes. Thanks for a wonderful stay.’
Thank you for a wonderful, relaxing stay. We will be back.’