Escape the hustle and bustle and relax with unique accommodation, surrounded by nature, the Australian bush and native wildlife, only 6kms from a quaint, Australian country town and all without having to travel too far from home.
Weltevreden Domes Retreat is situated located over one hour from Brisbane and Toowoomba, 45 mins from Ipswich and 1.5 hours from the Sunshine Coast on the outskirts of the quaint country township of Esk….
Designed for adult couples and singles, our retreat is the perfect place to escape the hustle and bustle to enjoy nature with short walks, a swim in the pool or relax with a good book. You can also take the opportunity to experience the beauty of Queensland’s Somerset Region.
Wallabies, koalas and lorikeets all visit the retreat throughout the day, particularly in spring and summer. You might even spot a kangaroo or our local symbol, the Red Deer roaming through the bush.
You won’t believe it’s so close to town when you feel so far away from it all.
Dome features –
- One double bed and one king single including linen
- A private ensuite
- Reverse cycle air conditioning/heating
- Coffee table & chairs
- Tea & coffee making facilities
- Small refrigerator
- Flatscreen TV & DVD player
- Free wifi
- Car park
- BBQ facilities & untensils
Bed and Breakfast Package includes –
- Overnight geodesic dome accommodation
- Continental buffet breakfast
Prices are per night for up to two adults. Extra person – $55.00. Minimum age – 16 years accompanied by an adult
- Buddha Dome – Bush view with a small hedge across the bottom of the window for privacy
- – Everyday – $185.00
- Kookaburra Dome – Half bush and half valley view
- – Sunday – Thursday – $195.00
- – Friday – Saturday – $205.00
- View Dome – Panoramic view of the Brisbane Valley and Lake Wivenhoe
- – Sunday – Thursday – $225.00
- – Friday – Saturday – $250.00
Book online quickly and easily up to 28 days in advance. If your dates are more than 28 days in advance, please contact us or click on the blue icon in the bottom right hand corner of the page to chat with us via Messenger.
– All prices are based on single or double/twin share. One extra adult, using the current bedding configuration – $55.00. Maximum three adult guests per dome.
– The domes are not self contained.
– Weltevreden Domes Retreat does not have facilities to accommodate children or pets and is a non-smoking property.
– Minimum guest age is 16 years (when accompanied by an adult).
– Dining options are available in Esk township only 5kms away otherwise each dome has its own BBQ facilities for you to use. Breakfast is included.
With only three domes on offer, our retreat is private and intimate…and sells out fast. Don’t miss out. Make your reservation now.
What our guests are saying…
‘Lovely view, peaceful and a very relaxing place to stay. The domes are luxurious! We will be back!’
‘Lovely, welcoming place. Kathryn and Will were very informative about the locality and wildlife. So restful. Really enjoyed our stay.’
‘We think we found our new favourite place. Warm and calm.’
‘Great place to unwind and take in the view. Close proximity to boating and fishing facilities. Great hospitality from our hosts, Will and Kathryn. Will return happily.’
‘High distinction on every level! We’ll return. Thank you, Will and Kathryn. Blessings.’